3.15.2013

Many Hands...


I recently illustrated a story for my local paper's "building guide", the Methow Valley Home. It was kind of a tongue-in-cheek article about the do-it-yourselfers of the world and I got stuck on this image of the many-handed task master. I'm not sure why exactly, but they chose to run a draft image in a rather unfinished state. Editorial decisions can be like that, but I was a little more excited about the finished piece and its truer Bodhisattva references... Enjoy!

2 comments:

David LaRochelle said...

Very clever, Eric! I'm not sure I would have recognized it as your style...which shows I need to do a better job of keeping up with your work!

Erik Brooks said...

Kind of my "every-so-often-editorial-cartoon" style for the local newspaper, David. I definitely experiment now and then, but you probably won't see this in a picture book anytime soon. Thanks for dropping by :)