6.06.2011

Once upon a time...

Four or five years ago I was midway through illustrating a tall tale when the publisher decided that the market wasn't quite right for such a story. Curiously (to me at least), it seemed more prudent to table the project rather than proceed to publication. Fairly enough, I was duly compensated for my work, but it was still sad (and a bit deflating) to have several months of effort and inspiration never fully realized.

I haven't thought a lot about the characters in recent years, but this past weekend I stumbled across a pile of sketches. I haven't drawn many people lately, so it was fun to look back and realize how much fun it was to experiment with their gestures and expressions.

It also reminds me that I should pick a piece or two to finish up and round out my portfolio!

No comments: