9.01.2006

Boo's Dinosaur: An "early chapterbook" by Newbery Award winner Betsy Byars

I know, I know, I just recently posted a scan of the cover, but this is really official...My first bound, hardcover, slick and glossy copy of BOO'S DINOSAUR arrived in the mail early this week.

This is my 7th book, but the thrill of seeing that very first copy is no less wonderful by any means.

Illustrating early readers is a new thing for me, but everything - from the cozy 5 1/2 x 7 1/2 trim size to the rich possibilities of interior B&W drawings - about this book feels so great. The designers and production folks at Holt did a really nice job putting it all together.

Betsy's stories are perfect for the emerging reader and I will cross my fingers that perhaps she has some new BOO stories brewing out there :)

ROAR into your local bookstore and get your copy on the official release date: September 19th, 2006!

2 comments:

Paige Keiser said...

It looks BEAUTIFUL Erik! Congratulations!! I got my first hardback book this year too. I couldn't stop staring at it, and holding it in my hands. Yours is a trade book though right? That's a BIG deal. I have yet to do one of those, but hope a little more promotion on my part will pull in a trade assignment. Well I'll be out looking for your book in stores this month. Good job.

Anonymous said...

I was thinking that this would make a great gift to my girls' kindergarten classes (they are twins in differnt classes) Is there a place to purchase them autographed???

ArtsyMommaChic@aol.com