6.20.2026

Harts Pass no. 798... and Alaska!



Pretty much IMMEDIATELY after the last day of school, I finished packing and headed to Alaska. My wife was already one day ahead of me due to work/meeting/scheduling needs, so I drove to Seattle and then met her in Fairbanks... 


...where given our proximity to the summer solstice, THIS is what it looked like at 1:30am when I landed at the airport. It was darker when I took off from Seattle at 10pm then it was when I landed :) 


I promise to circle back with more photos at some future time this summer, and I will almost certainly make a similar post to my Substack (if you like that format better.) This was our view of the north face of Denali from our little slice of Camp Denali...


...and this was our AMAZING cabin and sleeping quarters for the duration of our visit. 



A quick note of thanks and appreciation to Tom, Sony, Dave and Anne - the friends with whom we shared this adventure, and also to Lili (above) and to ALL of our amazing guides and hosts for each and every day that we were in the park. 


And lastly - many thanks to my wife, Sarah - who makes ALL of these visits and adventures decidedly more and never less. It was AMAZING walking the tundra and spending time on Camp Ridge with you. This photo is truly one of my favorites ever! And those endless slopes of the Alaska Range...GRRR!



 

No comments: