12.22.2017

Harts Pass No. 375 -- Happy Holidays!


So my family and I happily went to STAR WARS: THE LAST JEDI on Monday afternoon in Wenatchee. As per usual I also had a comic due on Tuesday. So... something about wolverine kids wielding candy canes like light sabers - a marmot that vaguely resembles a porg - and definitely some commentary on this whole malarky about one holiday wish being somehow better than another. I mean give me a break. Merry Christmas, Happy Holidays, Felice Navidad, Hanukkah, Kwanza, Yalda... the list goes on. The idea is that you warmly greet another human being with some potential respect for their own particular cultural heritage and also some greater appreciation that we are NOT all necessarily Christian or required to live by a certain set of religious traditions. And so the Star Wars theme of a determined resistance against imperial forces has also somehow made its way into my Christmas comic for 2017. HAPPY HOLIDAYS!!!!

No comments: