11.20.2007

Tis the Season

A big thank you this week to all of the kids, parents, and Sno-Isle Library staff/volunteers that were so welcoming during my visits last week. It was an excellent four-day trip in the "north of Seattle area", even if I did miss the first sticking snow of the season back here at home... :)

Each library in the system hosted a different series of activites for National Children's Book Week. The Lynwood branch sponsored an terrific "Best Book I Ever Read" poster contest. Over 100 kids submitted entries, and they were all honored at a small awards ceremony on Saturday afternoon. There was also cake to be eaten, juice to drink, and of course the top secret special guest (moi)!

A few of the more interesting trip photos follow suit:


Just a few of the excellent posters. 3rd graders, man. Awesome!

Random, I know, but I drove through lots of rainy rural countryside. This barn, slowly losing ground to the blackberry bushes, was too nice an image to pass up.

And finally, the snow (and a mysterious pig!), in my front yard when I got home :)

No comments: